The Covenants of
Robledal and Oakhaven
WHEREAS, Tom King Bayou Development Corp. is the owner of the following described real estate in Santa Rosa County, Florida, to-wit: (Robledal Addition, etc)
WHEREAS, the said owner desires to restrict the above described property so as to enhance the value of the property restricted;
NOW, THEREFORE, KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS, that
Tom King Bayou Development Corp. does hereby encumber and restrict all of the real estate described above with the following restrictive covenants and conditions, to-wit:
1. The above described property shall be used solely for residential purposes and shall not be used for any commercial or business purpose of any kind or character. No structures shall be erected, altered, placed or permitted to remain, other than one detached single-family dwelling not to exceed two stories in, height, one private garage for not more than three cars, and permitted outbuildings and accessory buildings shall be set back so that the front thereof is no closer to the front street line that the rear of the residential structure.
2. No one-story residential structure shall be erected with the ground floor area of the main structure exclusive of one-story porches, carports and garages of less than 1,400 square feet; and no two-story residential structure shall have a ground floor area of the main structure of less than 900 square feet and a total floor area of less than 1,500 square feet. No residential structures shall be located nearer than 25 feet to the front lot line, nor nearer to any side lot line than 10 feet, nor nearer to any side street line than 25 feet.
3. All receptacles for garbage or trash must be hidden from view from the streets.
4. Outside clothes line shall be enclosed or camouflaged so as not to be detrimental to the appearance of the property and shall be permitted only to the rear of the back line of the residential structure.
5. Fencing may be permitted only as follows:
(a) Chain link and other wood or decorative fences may be erected only around the rear portion of the property no nearer to the front lot line than 'the rear of the residential structure on the lot; and no fence shall exceed 4 feet in height.
(b) Growing hedges may be used as fences on the front, side or rear of the property but shall not exceed 3 feet in height.
6. The lots in this subdivision are being sold as individual residential parcels, and no lot shall be subdivided into smaller parcels. Only one residential dwelling is to be constructed on each lot.
7. No trailer, house trailer, basement, tent, shack, garage, barn or other outbuilding shall at any time be used as a residence, temporarily or permanently, nor shall any structure of a temporary character be used as a residence.
8. No noxious or offensive trade or activity shall be carried on upon this property nor shall anything be done thereon which may be or become any annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood.
9. Residents of the subdivision may keep dogs, cats and other household pets upon the above property provided they shall be solely for the use of the residents and their guests and shall not be used for any business activity or undertaking for profit.
10. These covenants are to run with the land and shall be binding on all parties and all persons claiming under them for a period of twenty (20) years from this date at which time they may be automatically, extended for an additional period of ten (10) years by an instrument in writing, signed by a majority of the then owners of the lots in the subdivision.
11. No sign of any kind-shall be displayed to the public view on any lot except one professional sign of not more than one square foot, one sign of not more than five square feet advertising the property for sale or rent, or signs used by a builder to advertise the property during the construction and sales period.
12. Any construction commenced upon the above property shall be pursued diligently and such construction must be completed within six (6) months.
13. No building that is unfinished on the exterior shall be occupied.
14. Grantors reserve for themselves and reserve the right to grant easements for installation and maintenance of utilities and drainage facilities over the side and rear five (5) feet of each lots.
15. Enforcement shall be by proceedings at law or in equity by the undersigned or their successors or by any owner or resident of a lot in the subdivision against any person or persons violating or attempting to violate any covenant hereof, and said action may seek either to restrain the violation of the covenant or to recover damages therefor; provided, however, no violation shall ever work a reverter or forfeiture of the title.
16. Invalidation of any one of these covenants by judgment or court order shall in no wise affect any of the other provisions which shall remain in full force and effect.